Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby Kevin » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:25 am

Jessie and Goose could be zombies; Max could keep them chained up in the garden shed so they don't eat anyone; just like Ed in "Shaun of The Dead". That would still be better than Thunderdome.
Kevin

Postby Nathan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:27 pm

Wait... that's whos graves he was walking by in the openeing of MM2??? I never paid that close attention.

I was under the impression they were still alive. The doctor said to the nurse that Jessie was gonna make it.

The way I though it played out was that Max copped the interceptor and after killing Toecutter and Johhny, he just took off never to be seen again around were he patrolled/lived.He would've had to surface to bury Jessie and Goose.

The idea I have about 1.5 is different from the other. It's 25 years later and Max comes in from the wasteland to find his old interceptor and a Tocutter-like leader of the motorcycle gang.
Nathan

Postby Taipan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:44 pm

yeah, but that would make 1.5 10 years after Beyond Thunderdome, there's nothing to look for, i guess.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby MFP559 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:49 am

I like the idea of filling the void between 1 & 2. Apart from bringing back the Black on Black, we'd get to follow Max through his journey of depression, anger & hostility. I think it would be good to see his character hit rock-bottom as the world crumbles around him. Maybe he goes back to the MFP, only to serve for a while and watch the world turn to sh*t around him. Fifi could get killed off by the rest of toecutter's gang, sending Max on a rampage that slaughters the rest of the entire gang, leaving no survivors. Real cold-blooded vengeance killings. I'm talking throat cutting, military style executions carried out with precision, and collecting trophies as he went (weapons, etc.) We could see Max fitting the tanks to the interceptor & gutting the interior to shed unnecessary weight. Instead of ending with a big Hollywood type chase like in Thunderdome, they could recreate the Landau, the buggy, Wez's Katana, etc and leave off where the Road Warrior begins.
"As long as the paperwork's clean, you fellas can do what you like out there!"
MFP559

Postby HUMVEE Driver » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:07 pm

The two graves that Max walked away from in MM2 were Jess's and Sprog's. Sprong was DOA, and when the doc said Jess was salavageable he was refering to her organs for donors. As for Jim Goose, he MIGHT have survived, but his chances were very slim. There is a medical formula for figuring out death percentages for burns called the Rule of Nines. Basically each body part that is burned (arm, leg, head, front torso, etc) gets 9 'points' each. Add those up, then add the victim's age and you get the percentage chance for dying. So, Goose probably didn't make it.

Not to toot my own horn, but I've written a Mad Max 1.5 and a Mad Max 2.5 telling the stories of what could have happened between the movies. You can check them out at: http://www.madmaxmodels.com/fiction.html

HUMVEE Driver
"I'll see you on the road!"
http://www.madmaxmodels.com
HUMVEE Driver

Postby AdrianUK » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:51 pm

"Is she salvageable?" "YES sure, we got all her SIGNS back last night"!!!!!!!!!

Don't know how it works over in the States, but here in the UK we usually wait till the patient is dead before deciding to remove organs!
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby HUMVEE Driver » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:21 pm

They had to get her signs back to keep her alive (although brain dead) to keep her organs viable. Do you think doctors would call a patient with a healthy prognosis 'salvageable'? Besides, the definition of salvageable is 'to remove valuable parts'.

FYI, organs slated for donation ARE sometimes removed when the patient is still alive.

HUMVEE Driver
"I'll see you on the road!"
http://www.madmaxmodels.com
HUMVEE Driver

Postby AdrianUK » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:43 pm

They didn't say she was healthy!!!, they also didn't mention anything about being an organ donor either,what they did say was " Tell him she's gonna be ALRIGHT, tell him not to worry etc. etc." except the fact his wife is gonna have no heart, lungs, kidney, brain, eyes and liver!
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby Mad Max 2050 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:07 pm

Yes she was dead, cause you see her and Sprogs graves at the start of MM2. I dont think that they had as good medical technology back in the 70's anyway.

"Big Bopper gotcha here, what's going down?"
Mad Max 2050

Postby AdrianUK » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:10 pm

Ah well, that's the thing,there was a double twist to MM2, not only did they trick Max by filling the tanker with sand, they also tricked him again by filling Jesse's grave with sand as well, she was laid there in ward 10 living it up.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road