News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

Postby Morrisminor » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:47 pm

That looks a lot like Peter Weir that Miller is talking with in the pic. I could likely be wrong but it's cool to think the directors of Mad Max and The Cars that ate Paris are shooting the breeze!
And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:22 pm

I'm not quite sure if it's Peter Weir, my first thought was Nick Lathouris...

Look at Russell Crowe, he looks very intimidating in this photo!
Immortan Joecutter

Postby DGSimo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:30 am

Taipan wrote:To be honest, I don't think it means anything really, although I haven't asked anyone close to Miller if things are gearing up someone probably would've mentioned something. I'll ask around just in case.

EDIT:
As I suspected. Got info from multiple people higher up, nothing's gearing up for Mad Max 5, nobody's been contacted about anything. I only got some rumors that aren't worth mentioning. One interesting bit of info is that with the amount of work, if folks were contacted today, it would take about 5 years to get the movie into the theaters. And that the movie would be filmed in Australia this time around because WB want full control over it. They can't be sending their folks to Namibia whenever something happens and trust me some stuff did happen in Namibia that pissed WB off, financially and the way actors carried themselves let's put it that way.

It was such a weird and out of left field post given the social page there hasn't made a post in a year or so. That's sad to hear though. Part of me was hoping it was a subtle hint at an upcoming announcement at say, Comic Com next week, given that was the venue and event everyone publicly got their first look at Fury Road footage.

In other news, and it's hard to link given I'm on mobile right now, but Charlize is talking Furiosa and the prequel again with Variety I believe if someone wants to link it. She basically says she's down and ready to do it she's just waiting for the call from George and WB, how during Fury Road there were 3 additional scripts done for followups including Furiosa and a Max prequel and then talks about the original ideas for Furiosa etc
DGSimo

Postby biolumen » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:50 pm

Here's the link to the Variety article.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/mad-m ... 202491226/

Also, Edgar Wright is in Sydney.

WrightandMiller.jpg
WrightandMiller.jpg (97.14 KiB) Viewed 526 times

https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/ ... 6930796544
biolumen

Postby Taipan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Yeah I'm waiting for an article:

FANS OF MAD MAX FRANCHISE ARE DOWN TO SEE THE NEW SEQUEL.

After all Hardy expressed interest, Theron did, it's time for us to be on the news!
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby biolumen » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:32 pm

As someone suggested, Edgar Wright for the Furiosa stand-alone prequel and George Miller for MMFR 2 & 3. C'mon WB! Make it happen!
biolumen

Postby Taipan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:55 am

Theron is wrong about the number of scripts btw.

Aside from Fury Road there are only 2 (she said there were 3). Furiosa and The Wasteland. Both of them are prequels. The Wasteland takes place about a year before Fury Road. I asked Mark Sexton about The Wasteland and he said he had done some initial concept art for it a long time ago, and said that this story isn't revolving around Glory and Hope. Thank god it doesn't, if it were a story about this it'd be the 3rd time we see it (comic books and the video game covered it already).
Apparently Scaborus Scrotus might make an appearance though. I don't know, they're not telling me too much, nor am I asking too many in depth questions out of fear I'll get cut off for being too nosey. Either way, once things start rolling I'll let you guys know for sure.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby Mad_Jim » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:23 am

Taipan wrote:Theron is wrong about the number of scripts btw.

Aside from Fury Road there are only 2 (she said there were 3). Furiosa and The Wasteland. Both of them are prequels. The Wasteland takes place about a year before Fury Road. I asked Mark Sexton about The Wasteland and he said he had done some initial concept art for it a long time ago, and said that this story isn't revolving around Glory and Hope. Thank god it doesn't, if it were a story about this it'd be the 3rd time we see it (comic books and the video game covered it already).
Apparently Scaborus Scrotus might make an appearance though. I don't know, they're not telling me too much, nor am I asking too many in depth questions out of fear I'll get cut off for being too nosey. Either way, once things start rolling I'll let you guys know for sure.

Thanks for letting us know! im more eager to see Max than Furiosa to be honest, I'm happy for a prequel because we will have the interceptor back!!!!!!!!!

How will Furiosa be in the prequels, i guess they don't have to meet each other they can be 2 different stories going on in the same movie but some how connect.
"The Toe Cutter Knows who I am"
Mad_Jim

Postby AquaCola » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 am

Maybe she meant there were 3 scripts, one being Fury Road. You know how they love to twist what they say.

I'm glad we aren't getting a third go at Glory & Hope even if there is potential to really to it justice, its already a mess as it is with there being two versions.

Scaborus Scrotus could be interesting. I always figured he'd show up in the Furiosa prequel/sequel.
AquaCola

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:56 am

Come on Warner Bros. let's go for these movies!!
otherwise they have to de-age Tom and Charlize digitally for the prequels :lol:

Are there any further news on this Q&A with Wright and Miller..?
Immortan Joecutter

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road