Batmobile Build

Like the name says...

Re: Batmobile Build

Postby TheWarriorMax » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:29 pm

Pretty crazy :)

That donor car looks too good to be a donor car :).
TheWarriorMax

Postby aussie muscle » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:22 am

awesome to see what is needed doing. kinda makes me glad i pulled out of building my own.
aussie muscle

Postby MrSpeed » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:51 pm

Thats just awesome, keep the updates coming, are you going to register it...joking, nice work.
The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

Postby surfin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:06 pm

MrSpeed wrote:Thats just awesome, keep the updates coming, are you going to register it...joking, nice work.

I am working with an engineer to make sure this car gets registered. Be cool to drive it on the streets and see people's reactions
surfin

Postby surfin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:20 pm

TheWarriorMax wrote:Pretty crazy :)

That donor car looks too good to be a donor car :).

yeah the owner of the commodore backed it into a truck so the boot was all mashed up. That alone turned people off buying it so i got it for a good price. Goes pretty hard
surfin

Postby surfin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:57 pm

Pics of some of the 4 link setup.

The bits of the 4 link that mount to the diff couldn't be welded to the diff as it is cast iron apparently. So I made an up and over setup for the top mounts. Will have to find a pic of the finished setup

surfin

Postby surfin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:38 pm

So the wheelbase of the batmobile is something like 140 inches...way more than a HQ or anything else.

I will be doing the chassis lengthen myself so I figured it would help if it was square and all done right.

So I whipped up this chassis jig that will enable me to fix the chassis in place while I add the extra length.

I have 2 identical chassis. I will cut the front off the first just behind the front suspension, then cut the front off the 2nd one, but with the extra length I need. Then this will be welded on the chassis so I only have one cut per side. Make sense?

The 2nd pic shows the front part of the jig that can slide. So I can add the front piece of the chassis and slide it into position.

surfin

Postby surfin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:39 pm

Cutting the chassis up to extend it. This was very time consuming!

It has to be done right for the engineer to pass it. Can't just butt weld the extra piece

surfin

Postby surfin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Tyres and wheels. $4000 thanks very much. Won't be doing too many burnouts here

surfin

Postby MrSpeed » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:22 am

Thats looking amazing already, love the wheels, awesome that your going to register it, very cool :!:
The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars