Max's Cobra Weave Bracelet

People come here to trade, do a little business. If you've got nothing to trade you've got no business in Bartertown. (Buy / Sell / Swap / etc)

Max's Cobra Weave Bracelet

Postby breech » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi, new guy here. Been building bracelets for years so as soon as i saw Fury Road i picked out Max's classic field bracelet almost instantly. Max's bracelet is done in a classic "field" or "trench" style using only cord to make the bracelet, whereabouts you wouldn't have access to a buckle or shackle that you see on the majority of paracord bracelets today. This was actually the style of bracelet that was first shown to me and that i learned on.

This is a 1:1 replica of "Mad" Max Rockatansky's cobra weave survival bracelet worn in the 2015 movie Fury Road. The original bracelet was not production made, rather a personal item that actor Tom Hardy added to Max's wardrobe. In a pre-production meeting, Tom Hardy met with Mel Gibson (Mad Max/Road Warrior) and gave him a cobra weave survival bracelet

“I felt I ought to touch base with him because Mad Max is synonymous with Mel Gibson,” Hardy said. “We had lunch, and I made him a bracelet.”.

The bracelet is featured predominantly throughout the movie. It is a single cobra weave bracelet that has an adjustable pull-string.

This is a movie accurate version from the correct colors, to the length of the adjustable pull-string or "tail", every detail is spot on with the seen on screen version.

These are made to order for your wrist size in a variation of colors. Although hard to tell in the movie because of the environment the actors are in, desert, we see the bracelet very dirty and covered in sand giving the impression that it is TAN. In reality the bracelet is a shade of military green known as "ranger green" or "foliage green". Each bracelet is made out of 8-11 feet - depending on wrist size - of milspec 550 parachute cord or "paracord". The bracelets can be untied and used for cordage in a survival situation.

The movie accurate bracelet will be made in "ranger/foliage green"

But if you prefer a "dirty" look, they can be order in "Coyote Brown"

Olive Drab, Black, purple, Pink, and Red are also available.

Each bracelet comes in it's own custom inked 4x6 cotton drawstring pouch. Each pouch is inked with permanent, acid free Archival ink which is waterproof and will not bleed or fade.

10.00 shipped in the USA

https://www.etsy.com/listing/238630154/ ... e_active_2

breech

Return to Bartertown