Interceptor Overheat?

Like the name says...

Re: Interceptor Overheat?

Postby rustycarr » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:46 pm

shroud helped alot, i also sealed alot of areas where air could flow around. Runs about 20 degrees cooler now. thanks for all the comments ! back to watch FR trailer again..
V8
rustycarr

Postby MadMatt » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Try dealing with 40 over, 460 big block in a XB falcon. I bought a Alloy radiator cuz there are no Factory Ford XB Falcon radiators here in the states! So a properly measured Universal Alloy rad from JEGS for 150 bucks has been working quite well for years in my Falcon. Also with ducting side panels behind my Nose cone and rubber seals to direct air thru the rad. My Problem is I have to use two small puller fans with no shroud (no room period) my water pump pulley is barely inch and a half from rad. but it all works ok im 185 on highway and 210 at idle straight off highway and cools off to 190-195. Im using a 180 stat but factory is 195 I should just put one in since it runs 190 anyway. But that's Summer running when its 50 or less out it barley gets to 180! LOL I really should take my Try-Y headers and wrap them that could help too.
MadMatt

Postby rustycarr » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:40 am

Wow, 460 is a beast! And bored out! It doesnt help
That my motors wore out either, ive also heard 400's tend
To run hot but the shroud helped, its too damn hot to
Drive a black car in texas now anyways!! Maybe you could ceramic
Coat your headers.
V8
rustycarr

Previous

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars