Where to find a real Mad Max interceptor for sale?

Like the name says...

Re: Where to find a real Mad Max interceptor for sale?

Postby aussie muscle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Sucks_Nitro wrote:Image

how the HELL did he get it registered in NSW with zoomies and scoop?
aussie muscle

Postby kennerado » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Probably got it registered without them then put them on afterwards.
kennerado

Postby toecutter » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Based on the cost of an XB GT Coupe body, the parts you would need to create an accurate replica, and the cost of the paint and panel to get it there - you would be lucky to get it done for under $100k. Now if you used a plain old XB Coupe, you might save 20k. If you started with a shit XB Coupe shell, you are looking at at least 20k. Anything less than that and its either rusted out or missing bits etc.

The days of picking up an XB Coupe runner for under 10k are lonnnnnnnng gone.

Unrealistic expectations on paint and panel are the reasons so many project cars get sold uncompleted. Its easy to strip a car down, its not so easy to pay for the restoration.
'Perhaps its a result of an anxiety'
toecutter

Postby mscar2783 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Very well stated and accurately Toecutter...
mscar2783

Postby ANGELofFEAR » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:14 am

think alöso the car is ok, can get some parts better liek the movie car, buts still ok, on the last picture you see him with no blower on the road, and he have also a stadart exhaul system,. think he can sitch from one to the other , or the zoomies only fac on the car
ANGELofFEAR

Postby ANGELofFEAR » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:20 am

Irishrifles i start my first projekt, 2003 look at austria intercetor there are some pictures, i bought 2 cars a coupe rolling shell and a 4 door sedan, many parts are missing by the coupe , i buy them for 1500 AUD but the export to autria was 3500 ruro, also comlete 5000.-usd, last year i sell the car and i find my actual falcon in new jersy for a top price, it will be not easy to find a good prokekt car in us , because good cars mean coupes are in australia, are verxy expensive only the 4 door sedans you cabn find a good one under 5000.-
ANGELofFEAR

Postby roadwarriormfp » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:08 pm

toecutter wrote:Based on the cost of an XB GT Coupe body, the parts you would need to create an accurate replica, and the cost of the paint and panel to get it there - you would be lucky to get it done for under $100k. Now if you used a plain old XB Coupe, you might save 20k. If you started with a shit XB Coupe shell, you are looking at at least 20k. Anything less than that and its either rusted out or missing bits etc.

Unrealistic expectations on paint and panel are the reasons so many project cars get sold uncompleted. Its easy to strip a car down, its not so easy to pay for the restoration.

very true, but spending say $60000 on panel work, paint, kits etc on a $20000 coupe doesnt mean its "worth" $80000...
trying to recoupe (no pun intended) your money on a car you forked out a small fortune on is just not possible.
I honestly cant see a madmax replica like that being "worth" $120000.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby FordCoupeMad » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:59 pm

roadwarriormfp wrote:
toecutter wrote:Based on the cost of an XB GT Coupe body, the parts you would need to create an accurate replica, and the cost of the paint and panel to get it there - you would be lucky to get it done for under $100k. Now if you used a plain old XB Coupe, you might save 20k. If you started with a shit XB Coupe shell, you are looking at at least 20k. Anything less than that and its either rusted out or missing bits etc.

very true, but spending say $60000 on panel work, paint, kits etc on a $20000 coupe doesnt mean its "worth" $80000...
trying to recoupe (no pun intended) your money on a car you forked out a small fortune on is just not possible.
I honestly cant see a madmax replica like that being "worth" $120000.

I think he as just said I love my car and if someone wants to buy it for that he will sell it. If not it is worth more to him in keeping it. I spoke to the owner and it sounds like he has replaced everything. Not just brought a runner and did panel and paint. Everything has been changed to new parts including door latches to new bonet hinges. Where do you even buy a new wiper motor these days for these! How many inceptors are running fuel injection these days! He said he built it to drive and enjoy and go anywhere without breaking down or oil leaks. The only thing it needs he said was new door cards which he was going to sell it with anyway. He even unpicked the plenium chamber and cut out any rust under it. $120k includes shipment to overseas too.

I can't see how any one could build one of these for under $120k these days unless you cut corners. Namely blog up rust holes, no sand blasting and using mostly used parts. I think all the people that are saying it's not worth that are people that don't own one or have never built one and don't know what's involved. Me personaly I love it even with the crome. It looks so much better then a movie correct cars getting around and a thousand times beter then any none falcon coupe interceptor take offs but each to their own. Who are we to judge anyones dream car.
FordCoupeMad

Postby .MAD MAX. » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:52 pm

I don't think anyone here is actually slamming the car down.....they just have an issue with the asking price. As for building for less than that....I did (complete tear down and acid dipped) and I replaced as much as was needed because there is no need to buy NOS parts when restoring an old part will be just as good or better. I looked for 5 years for a "new" wiper motor. Found a few NOS units but was not paying the over inflated price so I just had mine rebuilt with a few mods and it works perfect and a bit better than stock.

My coupe is appraised just a hair over the 6 figure range but I doubt I'd ever get that kind of money for it unless it's been completely destroyed and the insurance cuts me a check. My issue with the seller is: if it's truly his 'dream car', then why sell it ?

All the best to the seller, that coupe will make someone very happy

.MAD MAX.

Postby FordCoupeMad » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:10 pm

He told me he wanted to help out his dad with some money so his dad could finish a motorhome and retire. I think I could build one for less too but I don't think I would sell it for less then that unless I was stuck and had to choice. What about you? You know how much work is involved. I have restored 3 coupes and currently building a XBF coupe. When done I think an Interceptor is next if I can even find a coupe then :D
FordCoupeMad

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars