Mad Max 2 Marauders - are any actually mutants??

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Re: Mad Max 2 Marauders - are any actually mutants??

Postby scfc68 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:43 pm

http://www.lenkakrepelkova.co.uk/pascans/max2.jpg

This is the link for the Warner Bros VHS case I had been after. Ahh, the memories from 82!

And I hadn't imagined it; incorrect as it may be it does mention "biking warlords and mutants"

And I will have a look at that timeline in a bit, had a quick peek - looking forward to it after a few beers and with a curry :P
scfc68

Postby Taipan » Sat May 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Hah, yeah it does mention mutants. No wonder actually, the backstory to those movies is as vague as it gets so it's easy to slip in an assumption or two.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby Uncle Entity » Sat May 03, 2014 4:28 pm

scfc68 wrote:
Interesting because that confirms MM1 & MM2 as post conventional warfare WW3 movies but then Miller eschews his OWN logic for Thunderdome which is 100% post nuclear. Does he also in the process retcon the earlier movies and make them post nuclear ..or at least MM2??

BINGO. You nailed it.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby Taipan » Sun May 04, 2014 3:21 am

scfc68 wrote:
Interesting because that confirms MM1 & MM2 as post conventional warfare WW3 movies but then Miller eschews his OWN logic for Thunderdome which is 100% post nuclear. Does he also in the process retcon the earlier movies and make them post nuclear ..or at least MM2??

No, he doesn't retroactively change the first two movies into 'post nuclear'. The first 2 movies were designed and planned specifically to be set in a world that's suddenly missing oil, not in a world where nukes were dropped. Miller stated that in an interview AFTER he wrote the script for MMBT. The first two movies are a story of a decaying society due to a global economic collapse. There isn't a whole lot of info on what happened after MM2 except for a nuclear apocalypse happening, nuclear winter and acid rain. If I were to meet Miller I would ask him in a heartbeat about timeline of events of those movies just to make it all clear because he decided to be vague about it and it takes a lot of digging to get to the facts about the timeline.
Taipan

Postby seriz » Sun May 04, 2014 5:22 am

Uncle Entity wrote:
scfc68 wrote:

BINGO. You nailed it.

Ah, I have a good information for you Uncle, what the Warner said on the VHS of the Road Warrior :

"In the year 4000, a gigantic war..."

:lol:
seriz

Postby scfc68 » Sun May 04, 2014 6:13 am

The year 4000???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???

I'm thinking Planet Of The Apes here ;)
scfc68

Postby Taipan » Sun May 04, 2014 11:10 am

Hey, there's also a crash scene from MMBT on the cover of MM2, so there's a lot of room for interpretation. lol
Taipan

Postby scfc68 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:11 am

Looks like from the comics if we accept them as canon, that Mad Max 2 is definitely post nuclear..at least it is now if it wasn't before :)
scfc68

Postby Taipan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:53 am

scfc68 wrote:Looks like from the comics if we accept them as canon, that Mad Max 2 is definitely post nuclear..at least it is now if it wasn't before :)

I'd like to consider it an alternative timeline. Not to go on a rant or anything, but I'd rather keep the revamped timeline separate because how much of a mess it is with all its attempts at shoehorning the original trilogy into it, changing up the time the nukes fell, throwing in an environmental message, not to mention it starts off in 2010's and then throws in MMBT with its 1999 written on the wall like it's nothing...

Screw that. It's an alternative timeline as far as I'm concerned.
Taipan

Postby scfc68 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:03 pm

Taipan wrote:
scfc68 wrote:Looks like from the comics if we accept them as canon, that Mad Max 2 is definitely post nuclear..at least it is now if it wasn't before :)

I'd like to consider it an alternative timeline. Not to go on a rant or anything, but I'd rather keep the revamped timeline separate because how much of a mess it is with all its attempts at shoehorning the original trilogy into it, changing up the time the nukes fell, throwing in an environmental message, not to mention it starts off in 2010's and then throws in MMBT with its 1999 written on the wall like it's nothing...

Screw that. It's an alternative timeline as far as I'm concerned.

Still keeping the same events though in that timeline, Wez, Toecutter, Thunderdome??
scfc68

PreviousNext

Return to General Movie Discussion