Miller confirms restart next year

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Miller confirms restart next year

Postby biolumen » Fri May 10, 2013 11:01 pm

This woman has been helping to render MMFR into 3D since January. She works out of Manila.

https://twitter.com/ladynoshka

Otherwise, things have been dead news-wise.
biolumen
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Miller confirms restart next year

Postby biolumen » Wed May 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Rumor.....pick-ups to be shot in Australia later this year.

Mad Max: Fury Road – where it’s at and a few words from Mel Gibson

BY BRENDAN SWIFT MAY 23, 2013

Long-running delays and re-shoots made The Great Gatsby into the film which kept on giving to the Australian economy. Mad Max: Fury Road is the film which hasn’t given enough.

A planned shoot in New South Wales’ town of Broken Hill never eventuated, replaced by South Africa and Namibia last year. It’s been done before of course: the bulk of 2009 drama Disgrace was shot in South Africa while offshore filming is a regular occurence in the in the factual sector. Filming an entire big-budget Hollywood-funded, Australian film offshore though, is a rarity.

I’ve since heard a rough cut of the film has been assembled although further shooting is scheduled for Australia later this year although I’ve received no reply to emails sent to the production. Broken Hill mayor Wincen Cuy said he wasn’t aware of any further shooting planned for the city, which began work on a film studio complex in 2009 to cater for Mad Max: Fury Road before the production pulled out.

In late-2012, the Broken Hill City Council put out a tender to redevelop the site and considered five expressions of interest to invest, develop, manage and/or operate all or part of the 2.5 hectare site. However, nothing eventuated (Cuy says they weren’t interested in the film studio component) and Broken Hill has since applied for Regional Development Australia funding.

“We’re holding our breath come July [when the funding results are announced] and that’s a $15 million project,” Cuy said.

The plans are now to develop the site’s original film studios to include areas such as a digital hub and student accommodation.

Still, Fury Road pick-ups have to be shot somewhere. The film is only scheduled for release in 2014 – an incredibly long post-production period considering the majority of effects were planned to be completed “in camera”. Nonetheless, the leaked photos and footage of the post-apocalyptic vehicles in the film look fantastic.

What’s another 12-month wait when fans have been waiting several years already?

The production was close to filming in Namibia in 2003 before the Iraq War scuttled production plans. The original ‘Mad Max’, Mel Gibson, was then set to star in the film. At that point, Gibson’s career was still going strong and he had just appeared in M Night Shymalan’s (inexplicable) hit film Signs.

I found this recent footage (below) where Gibson talks about Fury Road and Tom Hardy taking his iconic role. He describes the original film he was set to star in as ”a really good story” that was “more pure in a sense”. How similar it was to the final Fury Road script remains a mystery.

He also says Hardy “reminds me of one of my sons” and is a “firecracker”. Coming from Gibson – about the biggest firecracker going around – that’s quite a compliment.

http://picha.com.au/mad-max-fury-road-w ... el-gibson/
biolumen
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Miller confirms restart next year

Postby Taipan » Thu May 23, 2013 1:07 am

I suppose we'll have to wait a bit for the confirmation that they are indeed coming to Broken Hill to shoot some scenes. It is a rumor at this point, nobody confirmed anything and it's just better to treat is as such.
The upside is that the movie is in post right now, which means we're just closer to seeing the movie with every day.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
User avatar
Taipan
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 am
Location: The Wasteland

Re: Miller confirms restart next year

Postby kennerado » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:05 am

Don't know weather to post this here or somewhere else, it seems George is selling off Dr D Studios......

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mov ... 2ney2.html
kennerado
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:03 am

Re: Miller confirms restart next year

Postby boomerang » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:45 am

Odd. I assumed that he would be using this facility to do the digital work for Fury Road. Who knows, maybe there's not as much as I expected.
boomerang
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: Miller confirms restart next year

Postby biolumen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:57 am

boomerang wrote:I assumed that he would be using this facility to do the digital work for Fury Road.

That was the intent, but that's not enough workload to support Dr D. This fire sale probably means that Miller was unable to put together another project.....an animated film for instance.....that would have supported hundreds of digital artists. As such, Miller's next film, if any, will probably not be an animated film. I'm guessing it'll either be the sequel to Fury Road, Babe 3, or some other live action movie he's secretly developing.
biolumen
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Miller confirms restart next year

Postby biolumen » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Paul Jeacock

My most recent work of note in the public domain: 'Mad Max Fury Road' Kennedy Miller Mitchell, Warner Brothers. My work on the movie 'Fury Road' started in late 2011 and finished in late 2012. Work consisted of character and costume designs for the starring heroes and villain's and supporting cast of the film. Designs were approached in both digital drawings and paintings but also backed up with actual concept sculptures and props, some of these originals actually going on to appear in the movie. Work later progressed into sculpting some stand out costume props to be worn in the movie by the starring villains.

As a fan of the early 'Mad Max' films it was a thrill and an honour to travel to Sydney to meet and work closely with director George Miller and my dear friend, costume designer Jenny Beavan. All of the images I have seen from 'Fury Road' shoot stand testament to an amazing team of creatives in all of their fields which I believe the movie 'fury Road' will be a lasting credit to.

On finishing work on 'Fury Road' I completed concept design work on several main characters for the 'Mad Max' game: Kennedy Miller Mitchell, Warner Brothers. Work consisting of digital drawings and paintings, directed by George Miller and Avalanche studio's.

http://concept-artist.net/
biolumen
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Miller confirms restart next year

Postby DGSimo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Not sure if it's true or the validity of the site and news but this cropped up on the news feeds for FR:
http://www.manlymovie.net/update-mad-max-fury-road
It's official, ManlyMovie has learned that a rough cut of Mad Max: Fury Road is in existence and is being circulated among certain bigwigs in the industry. No word yet on what it actually looks like, or even what it's about. It's been a long, long time coming and for better or worse, Fury Road has defeated development hell.


Could be basically talking about and pulling the info from that article Bio posted about an assembly cut being formed that also mentioned additional shooting in Australia. Same article also makes a mention that this photo was from Broken Hill in 2011 with the Fury Road Interceptor being blocked for a scene involving a 140mph chase?
Image

Could be bogus but I just don't recall seeing that photo or info posted, though it probably originated from here at some point. :lol:
User avatar
DGSimo
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:08 am
Location: Milan, Michigan

Re: Miller confirms restart next year

Postby biolumen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Nothing in that article is new to long time readers of this board apart from an embellishment here and there. As for the photo, it was once posted here. IIRC, it's just a bunch of fans checking out an area near where the road that was purpose built for the movie is located.
biolumen
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Miller confirms restart next year

Postby biolumen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Found it.

that turn around on the right of pic was this end of a 4km stretch of road George Miller had carved out of the plain at Mundi Mundi to film Fury road on, but then they pissed off to africa .... we were sworn to secrecy, but i s'pose it doesn't matter now

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I posted it to the board last November.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9228&p=96701&hilit=facebook#p96701
biolumen
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests