James Cameron on Fury Road

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

James Cameron on Fury Road

Postby biolumen » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:53 pm

Cameron and Gale Ann Hurd (producer, Aliens) sang high praise for the Furiosa character and Theron's performance at the recent San Diego Comic Con.

Earlier today, I caught up with Cameron at Comic-Con, where he’s promoting the 30th anniversary of Aliens, and asked him what he thought about Furiosa rubbing shoulders with the famous women he wrote.

“I would concur with that,” Cameron said, heaping praise on Theron’s Fury Road performance. “She’s a world-class actress, as Sigourney is. Even in the middle of an action scene, she’s acting, she’s so heartfelt.”

“You can’t remember the guys in [Fury Road], but you remember her,” added Gale Anne Hurd, who produced Aliens. “It should have been called Furiosa.”

Cameron nodded. “Well, Tom Hardy’s a great actor, but he’s not as memorable in that film as she is,” he said. “These iconic characters come along every few years. Hollywood tries to do it from time to time, but…”

http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/james-ca ... cters.html
biolumen

Re: James Cameron on Fury Road

Postby levcore » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:55 pm

Such a short excerpt! I would love to hear more of Cameron's thoughts on the movie, I could listen to him talk all day. I disagree with Gale Ann hurd though about not remembering the male characters in the movie. No one can forget Immortan Joe, Max or Nux.
levcore

Re: James Cameron on Fury Road

Postby AquaCola » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:02 pm

James Cameron is a big Mad Max fan, He cites it as a big influences on Terminator 2 which is no surprise!
AquaCola

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road