Workshop Video with lots of concept art

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Workshop Video with lots of concept art

Postby AquaCola » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmV6TYwHtdA

I saw this posted on Facebook. I've just been pausing it every second checking out all the cool concept art.

Lots go original ideas that were eventually scraped like Furiosa being called a Praetorian, original war boys look with witness eyes and steering wheel tattoos, blood bag restraints which were used in the game, different Bullet boy look, early war rig, people eater limo and other vehicles,

Also the warpups look to have been called black fingers which would explain why Max ask Nux he a "Black Thumb".

Do I also see 6 wives in a concept art shot?

Again and again this movie and its lead up just continues to blow me away. A lot of the concept art in this video points to a darker world that was eventually scraped or modified.
AquaCola

Re: Workshop Video with lots of concept art

Postby tehCal » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:18 pm

Yeah this video did the rounds a few months ago. Cool to see early concepts of the Barracuda, the Dodge Fargo polecat, and the Buick (back when it was originally a polecat).

Originally it was "The Warrior Woman", then "The Praetorian", then "Imperator Furiosa".
tehCal

Postby tehCal » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Also I imagine Blackthumb was an evolution of the term Blackfinger which was the name/title of the mechanic in Beyond Thunderdome.
tehCal

Postby levcore » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:44 am

Isn't a lot of this stuff in the art book? I haven't had chance to check the video myself but from the description i recall a lot of the images.
levcore

Postby Taipan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:00 am

I haven't seen any of those in the Art Book either.

It's probably because WETA jumped on board fairly late in the game and their contributions were cherry picked by Miller and incorporated into existing designs.

BTW, you should check out Anton Vill's art. He was credited as working on Fury Road but I've never seen any of his actual art for the movie. Probably because it was really weird and messed up. Check out his art, you'll see what I mean.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby levcore » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:04 am

Taipan wrote:I haven't seen any of those in the Art Book either.

It's probably because WETA jumped on board fairly late in the game and their contributions were cherry picked by Miller and incorporated into existing designs.

BTW, you should check out Anton Vill's art. He was credited as working on Fury Road but I've never seen any of his actual art for the movie. Probably because it was really weird and messed up. Check out his art, you'll see what I mean.

Thanks i'll check out the video later then, can't do it whilst at work.
levcore

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road