The 160 days thing and the MM3 Sydney

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

The 160 days thing and the MM3 Sydney

Postby Uncle Entity » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:12 am

Well, this is driving me crazy. Truly.

No sea near Sydney in Thunderdome. Total desertification of the city.
Fury Road: 160 days of infinite saltland ??????? This means an entire ocean vanished. :o :o :o

Jesus. It's impossible. Even a gigantic nuclear strike couldn't vaporize seas and oceans. Science says so. So I think: was some other sophisticated, experimental super-weapon involved in the war? A definitive weapon?

160 days of travelling equals to almost 6 months. SALT FOREVER? How is that ever possible? How would Max know anyway??? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Re: The 160 days thing and the MM3 Sydney

Postby MWFV8 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:17 am

I assume it's supposed to be more of a meteorological change, the environment has been pushed to a tipping point where the whole eco-system collapses?

Totally agree about Max not really being in the position of being able to know everything.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby AquaCola » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:25 am

"The world is actually running of water"

Since its set 50 years after presumably a gigantic nuclear war the world's climate and atmosphere has been ruined. What I find really interesting is how they are theorising that Mars once had an atmosphere that was stripped away from the planet by the sun. This looks like what has happened in Fury Road. The oceans have dried up and the world that once existed has now been torn apart and buried in sand from the storms.

I got the idea that Max was implying there was no water out there and they would only find death. If they wanted food and drinkable water the only place for miles around was the citadel.
AquaCola

Postby abe lugo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Maybe big corporations shipped the water off world like in Oblivion?

If the ground is too wet in the Wastelands maybe it can be ammended? But who has time for that?
abe lugo

Postby Nightwalker » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:11 pm

Maybe Miller has seen 'Tank Girl' and though:"lets use that idea". :roll:
Also a complete dried up Earth. It is just practically impossible. But just fun for the movie.
"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you.
Nightwalker

Postby TheWarriorMax » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:18 pm

Nightwalker wrote:Also a complete dried up Earth. It is just practically impossible. But just fun for the movie.

Yeah we talked about this in a thread way back. Even if a drying of anywhere near that magnitude did happen, it would change the world so drastically there would probably be no life as we know it left, certainly not humans.
TheWarriorMax

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road