Max didn't know about all the water at the Citadel

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Max didn't know about all the water at the Citadel

Postby levcore » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:50 am

Because he never saw it right? He never saw the pipes pouring water down to the wretched below, sure he saw the Joe's mural on the cliff face but that was it. When he suggests to go back he didn't know about all of the clean water at The Citadel. Just an observation i wanted to make. Of course he knows there's 'green' there as he says so, so i guess he assumes they have access to water but he probably had no idea just how much. I'm surprised he wasn't like "Woah" at the end when the milk mothers turn the water on, it's pretty damn epic.

Also on a slightly related note does anyone know why, to make his point about going back he draws The Immortan's symbol in his own blood on that cloth map? That part always threw me. It's like he could have just said they should go back, but he spends the night using his blood to make a little doodle of Joe's flaming skull symbol on the cloth map to indicate where the Citadel was. It's cool but i still don't know why he bothered doing the drawing.
levcore

Re: Max didn't know about all the water at the Citadel

Postby AquaCola » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:17 am

He would have known there was water when he tried to escape though the pool but like you said not as much. I presume that pool was from sprinklers above and then for the warboys to wash in before being collected below.
AquaCola

Postby MWFV8 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:46 am

He could have heard about it while he was caged up as a full life. He could have heard Immortan Joe speaking or his words relayed. He could have heard the sound of the water, heard the piping, worked it out himself, known about it before getting near the Citadel, all sorts really. Just because it's not in the cut or the script doesn't mean it never happened in the creator's mind.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby seriz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:36 am

He draw the Immortan's logo on the map, with his blood because he obviously has no ink. It's his map of the Wasteland, he fills it with the last infos he had since he was captured. He shows to Furiosa the map, but I thought it was his own map, then he kept it !

About the water, because there's an ellipse, and because we don't know what precisely happened to him, we can't know how much infos he has about the Citadel. After, he doesn't say anything about the water, just that there was some green. And I think it's almost a symbol : Furiosa search the green place, but in fact Citadel is what she has to confront, it's her only "green", the only green she'll ever be able to find...
seriz

Postby KamicrazyWarGal » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Either way, he knew the War Rig was full of water, and saw the plants at the Citadel. That's enough info to know they had at least some water.
KamicrazyWarGal

Postby AquaCola » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:52 pm

When Max opens up the door he gets a good luck at the crops on the top of the citadel. In a world of salt and sand he was able to figure out quickly that there is a constant supply of water for the citadel. Also being caged up for days-weeks he would have been regularly brought food and water.
AquaCola

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:02 pm

He was locked up as a Bloodbag for probably a good week.
They would have fed and watered him to keep him healthy for his blood and possibly organs in the future when he finally expired.
Not to mention general conversation passing him every day - "Hey man, Joe gave those wretched's a drink today, dumbarse's don't have it as good as us" hehehe :D
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby levcore » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:00 am

seriz wrote:He draw the Immortan's logo on the map, with his blood because he obviously has no ink. It's his map of the Wasteland, he fills it with the last infos he had since he was captured. He shows to Furiosa the map, but I thought it was his own map, then he kept it !

Awesome thanks, I had assumed he was doing it for her benefit/ giving it to her, i never thought/ realised that it was his own map of the wasteland and that he was just showing her, keeping it himself.
levcore

Postby metalwarriormax » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:59 pm

On my 17th view

Rewatch the first 6 minutes.

When Max is chased inside the tunnels for branding:

1. Hangs on roofrack and sees Joes indoors greenhouse
2. Falls in pool of water along pack of warboys
3. Reaches end of tunnel and stares sky upwards at top of citadel where its top is covered in luscious green garden

You need a steady supply of water to keep vegetation green (ask California)...also Max was once a cop...
metalwarriormax

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road