Fury Road Interceptor

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Fury Road Interceptor

Postby draknoir2 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:43 am

Mad_Jim wrote:Did George Miller ever explain why the Interceptor was in Fury Road? i cant find anything on the net to explain it?

Cuz the fans demanded it?
"Two days ago, I saw a vehicle that would haul that tanker. You want to get out of here? You talk to me."
draknoir2

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Taipan wrote:
Trundlefish wrote: this might be some reflection on the fact that he couldn't save his own son

Bingo.

He gets things jumbled up in his visions. Not only is she referring to him as Pa (unless that's some common expression), but she gets ran over by Immortan's Gigahorse (as opposed to the Buzzards' spikey truck). Not to mention she appears underwater and skull-faced and all that jazz. Max's PTSD imagination does what it wants.

Pa is a term no longer used here anymore, but was common prior to the 80s.
(for those not familiar, Pa is short for Papa)
Its a bit like the rest of the obscure slang you see in the film.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby Turbofurball » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:52 pm

I didn't think "Pa" was obscure slang ...? It crops up in American stuff all the time, mostly with stuff set in the South.
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
Turbofurball

Postby Mad_Jim » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:59 pm

draknoir2 wrote:
Mad_Jim wrote:Did George Miller ever explain why the Interceptor was in Fury Road? i cant find anything on the net to explain it?

Cuz the fans demanded it?

Yeah i understand as the car is epic, but the car was in pretty bad shape near to the end of Road Warrior
"The Toe Cutter Knows who I am"
Mad_Jim

Postby MWFV8 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:58 am

I saw an interview snippet with Miller where he said the Interceptor was there mainly to provide a metaphor as to how worn out and battered Max was.

There's also the subtle theme of Max being shown to be more attached to his car than he is to Furiosa and Five Wives - Thus he is becoming less humane and more like the War Boys.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby Mad_Jim » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:20 am

MWFV8 wrote:I saw an interview snippet with Miller where he said the Interceptor was there mainly to provide a metaphor as to how worn out and battered Max was.

There's also the subtle theme of Max being shown to be more attached to his car than he is to Furiosa and Five Wives - Thus he is becoming less humane and more like the War Boys.

awesome!! yeah he did say "that's mine" in the chase to the citadel before it got destroyed :(
"The Toe Cutter Knows who I am"
Mad_Jim

Postby Ol' Coyote » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:16 am

Mad_Jim wrote:
MWFV8 wrote:I saw an interview snippet with Miller where he said the Interceptor was there mainly to provide a metaphor as to how worn out and battered Max was.

awesome!! yeah he did say "that's mine" in the chase to the citadel before it got destroyed :(

and also who could forget this ? : "how much more can they take from me ? they've got my blood, now it's my car!!"
"You know, Hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane."
Ol' Coyote

Postby zykotec » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:39 am

I think Max has just picked up another one of the last V8 Interceptors on his way.
Everyone seems to agree that there was only one based on the mechanic in RW's line about it being 'the last of the V8's .But unless he was a pretty important person in the MFP hierarchy I doubt he would know that, and if he did, he would surely know the cars history , and therefore know Max's history. I'm quite sure he uses it as a generic term, like we say the 993 was the last aircooled Porsche , the E34 was the last straight 6 M5 etc. Meaning Max's car was of the last type of V8 Interceptor. And even if he meant that specific car was the last one built, that says nothing about ow many were built before it.

On the other hand Miller has said it doesn't matter, and isn't supposed to make sense, and I'm totally OK with that. I don't need Fury Road to 'make sense' in the quadrilogy. For all I care he could have a new one in the next. (in 2045)

As for the little girl, she does say 'pa' in one of the flashbacks, but it doesn't seem to be directed at Max, most likely her pa i another one Max didn't save.
zykotec

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road