the lip sync issues

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

the lip sync issues

Postby levcore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:47 pm

Do they bother you? They are pretty noticeable in places and just something i've had to get used to. The worst offenders for me are a few of Max's lines, like his first line about taking his blood and his car, that sync is way out and it doesn't even look like he's saying those words. Also some other brief lines. I noticed some of Nux's dialogue seemed to be slightly out too. I'm guessing there was a ton of ADR on this movie as it must've been a noisy shoot.
levcore

Re: the lip sync issues

Postby PhilC » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:17 am

I read somewhere that a lot of it was ADR for those very reasons, all the noise. Theres only a couple of times things stand out as being pretty bad to me and think they could have done a lil better. One was the blood and car bit you spoke of from Max. The other was when Nux said shes ours Slit when approaching the war rig. We are looking at Max on the front of the car with Nux in the background and i don't recall his lips moving? Just seems a couple of things could have been tiedied up a bit more. But hell it's an awesome flick so i'll let em off.. :lol:
PhilC

Postby MWFV8 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:08 am

I didn't notice anything too bad. I tend to be very forgiving with this since it's technically so hard to do.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby Ol' Coyote » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:28 am

when Max asked Dag to bring him the water, you can see the lip synch too, when he said "You"
"You know, Hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane."
Ol' Coyote

Postby Turbofurball » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:38 am

No, it kinda reminds me of the B movies of my youth. Especially the "it's a raging feral!" moment, where it's obviously waaay out :)
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
Turbofurball

Postby Orvine64 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:14 am

Hey friend I also had same issues just because of my front teeth. So I consulted a popular dentist (link removed). He did the dental cosmetic surgery and now this problem has gone. My teeth look so pretty now.
Orvine64

Postby Taipan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:18 am

^
Banned for spamming but I'll keep this post because it made me laugh in the context of this topic.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby Artemis Flow » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:37 am

lol the bot was hovering around waiting for the keyword " lips " :lol:
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
Artemis Flow

Postby AquaCola » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:50 am

Immortan Joe might lend you a few teeth from his mask or there is a set of dentures used as a gear stick in one of the pursuit vehicles.
AquaCola

Postby Uncle Entity » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:07 pm

IMHO the lip sync may be part of the movie's craziness and I didn't notice any during the movie. They will fix something for the BD edition? Sure.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road