MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby myersgd1 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:35 am

Quote: Originally posted by Brad on 23 October 2002

Hey Gary

Cant wait to see you and your wild mustang in Adelaide for the extreame horsepower show in a couple of weeks, to have one of Australia's all time Street Machines both on display and active during the main event "Burnout Comp" is something I wont miss. Will you also be doing the day cruise?

Im off to get some grandstand tickets, see you in Adelaide

Brad

Thanks Brad. Yep looking forward to it to. Should be a good weekend.

Cheers

Gary Myers

Gary Myers

Burnout King
myersgd1

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby Intceptbuilder » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:46 am

Hi

last one was just two difficult for us to attend, as we had just to many other commitments, a MAD MAX one reunion also sounds like a great event.

Of course we would be bringing a replica Interceptor along, in this case my 460 big block replica. However this car is still under construction, and will be for some time yet as both time and money are the issues, (so just the usual problems). 2003 might be a bit early for us. 2004 to coincide with the 25th anniversary of Mad Max would suit us better, finish the replica, and give me the time to get enough annual leave together, (because if I am back in Victoria I will be going back up to Broken Hill as well). So I need the time to not only finish the replica but to save some money and organize how to get there. I think that such an event would perhaps attract both Jim Martino form the USA and Yuuichi Chin from Japan both these guys I have had a lot of contact with recently. Yuuichi owns a "muscle car connection" replica in Japan, (nothing to do with Grant or myself). Jim of course is a professional show car builder (and Interceptor owner) from the USA.

I gota vote for 2004, because 2003 is just so close, 2004 gives everyone a bit more time.

But it is your event, so go by all means go with what suits you. It might start off small but these kind of things tend to end up BIG.

Cheers

Gordon (in Perth)
cheers

Gordon
Intceptbuilder

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby Wrinkles » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:54 am

Yeah, I'm thinking '04 is the go. I've been looking into quite a few ideas/events, and basically '03 will be here all too soon to organise something worthwhile.

Wrinkles

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby Dave_H » Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:50 am

One of cool things about back2themax was the way it happened in a town small enough that everyone in the town (including the cops) knew what was happening, got into the spirit or made allowances for all the stuff going on. Ie unregisterable cars, groups of people wandering around with mohawks and full leathers. We felt really welcome.

I agree Melbourne would be a good place but maybe it should be centered away from the actual city centre. Melbourne is Just too big a place. All the atmosphere would all get swallowed up. Even though I have no idea where it is, somewhere like Clunes seems small enough as a base and has the mad max heritage.

Anyone else have similar ideas?.
Dave_H

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby Wrinkles » Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:00 am

Yeah Dave, I'm looking at Clunes as the way to go. It's just a tiny town, but only about 30 k's from Ballarat, so access to all services (accommodation etc) won't be hard. Plus, from Ballarat it's just an hours drive down the freeway to Melb, for places like Cherry Lane etc.

I've got some people in Ballarat investigating a few things at the moment, so with a bit of luck, we mightn't be too far off establishing a rough plan of events.

....stay tuned!

Wrinkles

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby lastxc » Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:22 am

2004 and because it is 25 years it will mean something and attract more media coverage and sponsorship.

Outside Melbourne should be better also, Clunes, Werribbee or Geelong as these areas are close to where a lot of the footage was shot. I plan to visit the areas where MM1 was made when I get my Cobra back on the road in the new year. I could look at the these places and advise on facities that are available. If anyone else is interested we could make a day of it, the more the merrier.
lastxc

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby MFP559 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:02 am

I reckon 2004 for the 25th sounds like the go. Definitely have to rent the beach house for a day to have a BBQ lunch or something. May I suggest holding the event in March or October, the same weekend as the Phillip Island bike races. Imagine all the MFP cars on the road with all the bikes! It would be awesome!

Count me in for sure!

"As long as the paperwork's clean, you fellas can do what you like out there!"
MFP559

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby Dave_H » Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:58 pm

Think of the possibilities
Dave_H

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby MFP559 » Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:50 am

Now with Fury Road just around the corner- imagine how big this reunion is gonna be. I think Darrell Eastlakes summed it up best: "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!!!!"

MFP559

MAD MAX 1 RE-UNION.

Postby MFP559 » Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:46 am

What's the latest goss' on the MM1 re-union??

Anyone?

MFP559

PreviousNext

Return to Back 2 The Max