Be a part of the madness this May. Visit the Official Mad Max Fury Road site here.
What's NewFollow @madmaxmovies
September 2, 2015It finally came!
- Mad Max Fury Road has been released basically everywhere on Blu-ray, DVD, and digital download. My copy arrived today, bundled with the Mad Max game, and is the standard Blu-ray release. As per the news below for August 19, all the releases appear to be the same as far as the extras content, so it's really just a question of whether you need 3D, or if you can't do Blu-ray yet and need a DVD. I haven't checked through all the content yet, but the extras I've looked through so far are pretty exceptional - lots of cool behind the scenes stuff on the cars and stunts. Basically all the material everyone drops by the web site looking for from the original trilogy! The deleted scenes were interesting, but perhaps a little light on - we know from various interviews that there were other scenes shot, but I guess they were either deemed incomplete or not suitable to be put on the disc. That would be my only disappointment with the set, and realistically its a very small one, given the amount of other material that we've been given.
August 30, 2015Creating the Apocalypse
- The Sydney Opera House are presenting an event on the 11th of October, MAD MAX: FURY ROAD - CREATING THE APOCALYPSE - GEORGE MILLER, BRENDAN MCCARTHY & NICO LATHOURIS IN CONVERSATION. You can find further information at the web site here, be sure to check out the full festival schedule here, as you may also find some other sessions of interest, including a separate talk with Brendan McCarthy.
August 26, 2015Mad Max - Post Apocalypse Edition
- For all you gamers, don't forget the Mad Max game out on PS4, XBOXONE and PC next week. Here in Australia the release coincides with the DVD / Blu-ray release of the film, and EB Games have a pack available that includes both the game and the Blu-ray for $99.95, plus a bunch of extras. Quite a good deal, I've ordered mine there today. If anyone else is aware of any packs, bonus deals, etc, feel free to let me know.
August 19, 2015Fury Road with the Lot
- Fury Road is due out on Blu-ray, DVD, etc in only a couple of weeks now, on September 1st. Most countries seem to be getting pretty much the same content and release date, Amazon have listed a package which includes Mad Max Fury Road Blu-ray/3D/DVD/Digital here. If you don't need the 3D, the cheaper Blu-Ray (with DVD) is here, or the DVD only version is here.
- As mentioned, most countries are getting pretty much standard releases of the film as listed above, HOWEVER, in Germany they're releasing a limited collector's edition set, which also includes an Interceptor model. I don't know much more about it than what you can see listed, but if you want to check it out, you can find it listed on the Amazon Germany site here.
August 12, 2015Does Mad Max have an iPad?
- Mad Max Fury Road is out today for rental or purchase on various online services, including Amazon and iTunes. If you can't wait to see it again, grab it now, or if you're still waiting for the full release with all the extras, only a few weeks to go...
August 6, 2015Maybe We Can Be The Future
- The second Max and final Mad Max Fury Road comic is now out. For those of you who missed them, note that a compilation volume of all the issues is due out in early September, you can find further information on Amazon here.
July 9, 2015Thunderdome Plus?
- The first of the Max comics is now out for those of you needing to grab one. Also, if you missed the first in the series, Nux & Immortal Joe, note that this has been reprinted, so you should be able to find that again now as well.
June 19, 2015Age of Fury Road
- The second issue of the Mad Max Fury Road Vertigo Comics series has been released. The Furiosa comic should be available where you are soon, if not already - look out for it in case they sell out as fast as the first one.
- Also out this week is Cinefex 142. Although 60% of the Cinefex readers voted for a Fury Road cover, you can look for this one featuring either Jurassic World of Age of Ultron (meh). Read more at the Cinefex blog here.May 30, 2015The Apocalyptic Cars of Mad Max Fury Road
- This one doesn't appear to have been posted to any of the official Warner Bros YouTube channels that I've seen, but there's an excellent 4 minute featurette on the Apocalyptic Cars of Mad Max Fury Road. Some great close ups and background to the cars, be sure to check it out.
May 29, 2015You will be awaited in Valhalla
- The first of the Mad Max Fury Road Vertigo Comics series has been released - it was actually released around a week ago (May 20), and you'll have to be quick if you haven't picked one up yet, as they appear to be selling fast. You can find some additional info at the Vertigo Comics site, and you can find further info and some preview pages at the Comic Book Resources site. The Furiosa comic is due out on June 17. If you've missed the print copy of the first issue, you could buy it online through comiXology, or wait for the collection of all 4 comics, due out in September.
- So Shiny. So Chrome. If you're planning to die historic on the Fury Road, Wilton Silver Color Mist may be the product for you. Seriously, read the product reviews, and you too could be awaited in Valhalla...May 28, 2015Savage Road
- Sony have posted a new story trailer for the Mad Max PS4 game to their blog. Check out the blog post here for further info and to watch the trailer.
- Note that you can already pre-order the game, and will receive access to a bonus car as per the trailer, and also detailed in the listing at Amazon. My personal experience with video game pre-orders (here in Australia anyway) is that different offers often become available closer to release date - I'm personally holding off my own pre-order for now.
May 27, 2015Mad Max Fury Road TV Special
- Warner Brothers Thailand have posted a behind the scenes Mad Max Fury Road TV Special to YouTube. Some excellent previously unseen material, be sure to check it out.
May 16, 2015The Killer Cars of Mad Max Fury Road
- Bloomberg have put together a great article on the cars of Fury Road - Every Killer Car in Mad Max Fury Road Explained. Lots of great info again from Production Designer Colin Gibson, along with some great shots of some of the vehicles I haven't previously seen.
- Speaking of cars, be sure to check out the vehicles still on display at Event Cinemas in George Street Sydney, they should be there until around the middle of the week (May 20 - if anyone knows the exact removal date, let me know).
May 15, 2015Mad Max goes to Cannes
- Mad Max Fury Road has premiered at the Cannes Film Festival, with stars Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult and director George Miller all in attendance. There's quite a bit of coverage on the event, I found some of the more interesting coveragee and quotes in the articles from news.com.au, indiewire and the LA Times.
May 14, 2015Mad Max Fury Red Carpet
- Following the Mad Max Fury Road car display at the Sydney Opera House yesterday was the film's premiere at Event cinemas in Sydney. See my report on the Mad Max Fury Road Sydney Premiere here.
May 13, 2015Mad Max goes to The Opera
- It was a huge day at the Sydney Opera House, with the Mad Max Fury Road cars on display in the forecourt throughout the day. Check my quick report on the Fury Road Cars here, and also be sure to check out a whole bunch of pics from others who attended the event on the discussion forum.
May 12, 2015Mad Max goes to London
- The cars of Fury Road are out on display again, this time at The o2 in Greenwich, London, from May 11 - 14. Flavourmag has put up some galleries of what to expect, along with an excellent interview with production designer Colin Gibson. Check out Flavourmag's article on the cars of Mad Max Fury Road here.
- If you’d like to see some more of Fury Road behind the scenes (and who wouldn’t), sign up to Fury Road Assistant Cameraman Junaid Samaai’s Instagram. He's posted a few nice shots there of some of his work behind the scenes, with the tease of more to come.
May 11, 2015What it takes to make the most intensive movie ever
- Wired Magazine has a great interview with director George Miller, where he goes into the making of the film, and some of the history of the Mad Max franchise. Also, being Wired, there's a great roundup of some of the technologies in use in the making of Fury Road towards the end of the article.
May 10, 2015Mad Max enters the Spanish Grand Prix
- Warner Bros have teamed up with Lotus for the Spanish Formula 1 Grand Prix. Not only are the Lotus F1 painted up to promote the film, but Lotus also unveiled an F1 Mad Max Concept at the Barcelona International Motor Show, along with some vehicles from the film itself. Read on for more info.May 9, 2015Mad Max meets... Mad Max!
- Mel Gibson has attended the Los Angeles Premiere of Mad Max Fury Road, along with Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron and George Miller. Very cool to see both Maxs together, you can see some video of the event from Associated Press here, and also some articles and stills in the Hollywood Reporter and Variety.
- Another book being released in conjunction with the film is Mad Max Fury Road Inspired Artists, a collection of the works of 65 of comics best artists, providing their own interpretations of the world of Mad Max Fury Road. According to the listing at amazon.com, the book is released May 12, but according to the discussion forum, the book is already available in at least some stores in Australia.
May 8, 2015Fury Road to roar through the streets of Sydney
- Next Wednesday, May 13, several of the main vehicles from Mad Max Fury Road will drive through Sydney, to be parked on display at the Sydney Opera House from 7am until 3pm. This will be followed by the Australian Premiere at Event Cinemas in George Street from 6pm. Read the article at Filmink for the full detail, and also see the official web site at madmaxsydney.com.
- HitFix have posted an interview with Tom Holkenborg / Junkie XL on creating the soundtrack for Mad Max Fury Road. An excellent interview and insight into the creation of the score, well worth a look.May 7, 2015The outrageous costumes of Mad Max Fury Road
- Warner Bros put together a sound stage full of Fury Road costumes for a recent press day, and HitFix takes an up close look at some of the costumes from the film. A word of warning, the up close pics are fantastic to look at, but some of the pics and their descriptions contain spoilers to the film itself.
- For those of you interested in some fan art, check out the excellent work of the Poster Posse, who have put together a variety of concept poster art for Mad Max Fury Road. You can find the first Fury Road poster gallery here, and the phase 2 Fury Road poster gallery here.May 6, 2015Nicholas Hoult and George Miller break it down
- Esquire has published an exclusive video feature with Nicholas Hoult and director George Miller, providing a commentary over even more new footage from the film. The clip goes into more detail on Nux's background, and the world of Fury Road. WARNING - some fairly large spoilers in this one.
- There was also an excellent interview with George Miller on the ABC 7.30 program, where he discusses Mad Max past and present, and film making in general. Be sure to check it out.May 5, 2015Save it, I'm just here for the merchandise
- As a companion to the film, the book The Art of Mad Max Fury Road will be released on May 19. I don't have much more than the cover artwork at this stage, I'd recommend checking the listing at amazon.com closer to release date, and I will of course post further info (and a review) here when I have it.
- Also being released in conjunction with the film is of course the Mad Max Fury Road Soundtrack by Tom Holkenborg / Junkie XL. This is being released as both a Regular CD Version and a Deluxe Electronic Version. The electronic version has a run time of over 2 hours, and I don't currently see any expanded CD release that will include the full track listing. Both are set for release on May 12, and you can preview all the tracks of the Deluxe Version at amazon.com right now. You can also preview the tracks and pre-order through iTunes.May 4, 2015Fury Road Cast Interviews
- Warner Bros Pictures have released a series of interviews with the Fury Road cast, as well as director George Miller. Plenty of spoilers - you have been warned! To see the full list of interviews and links, see the Mad Max Fury Road cast interviews page hereMay 3, 2015Fury Road Cars
- The official Mad Max Fury Road site has an awesome vehicle showcase online, with a gallery of images and info for 18 of the cars. Head on over to vehicleshowcase.madmaxmovie.com to check it out.
- For those of you not afraid of a few spoilers, FOX 5 DC has 17 minutes of interviews posted with Tom Hardy, Jacob Tomuri (stunt double), Charlize Theron, George Miller and Nicholas Hoult. Watch them here.May 2, 2015Fury Road Sneak Peek
- Six clips from Mad Max Fury Road have been released online, some are expanded scenes from the trailers, while others are entirely new. Almost all contain spoilers to some extent, to get the full run down on each clip, along with the links, check out the Mad Max Fury Road sneak peek here.
- And if that wasn't enough, you can also check out a FULL 18 MINUTES of Mad Max Fury Road Behind The Scenes B-Roll footage here! (And it goes without saying, plenty of spoilers here also, if you're wanting to avoid them just yet).May 1, 2015Special Features
- Go behind the scenes with George Miller, Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron in the Mad Max Fury Road Featurette - view it on YouTube here.
- Also be sure to check out the Legacy Featurette, and see where it all began.April 30, 2015Retaliate
- Another Mad Max Fury Road trailer has been put out by Warner Brothers, "Retaliate". View it on the Warner Bros Pictures YouTube channel here.April 28, 2015Andrew Lesnie 1956-2015
- Academy Award winning cinematographer Andrew Lesnie has passed away yesterday, aged 59. Winning his Oscar for his work on the Lord on the Rings Trilogy, Andrew also worked as Cinematographer on various Kennedy Miller productions including Babe, Babe Pig in the City, and the TV mini series Bodyline. One of his first roles was as documentary cameraman on the since long lost behind the scenes documentary for Mad Max 2. You can read some more on Andrew's achievements at The Age and over at news.com.au.April 23, 2015Mad Max Cars on the Fury Road
- Mad Max Cars have partnered with Warner Brothers Pictures for FREE advance screenings of Mad Max Fury Road! Those of you in the Seattle area will have the opportunity to see the film before it officially opens, as well as view Mad Max Cars' replicas and meet the staff at the May 11 screening. There is a May 6 screening at Lincoln Square Cinemas (download your free pass here), and a May 11 screening, which includes the Mad Max Cars display, at Regal Thornton place (download your free pass here). Please only grab a pass if you can actually attend.April 19, 2015Shout! Shout! Let it all out
- Shout Factory are releasing a Mad Max Blu-ray Collector's Edition on May 5th, which appears to largely be the contents of the earlier MGM Special Edition, but does also include some new cast and crew interviews, and new artwork. You can view the product details and pre-order on Amazon, or if you're in the US / Canada you can order from Shout Factory directly - which should see you get the disc earlier, and possibly with a bonus (see here).April 10, 2015Fury Road Q&A
- Mark Sexton (storyboard artist) and Greg Van Borssum (fight choreographer) will be doing a Fury Road presentation and Q&A at Supanova in Melbourne (this weekend) and the Gold Coast. For further information, see the Supanova post on facebook here.April 7, 2015Escape
- The Fury Road soundtrack can be pre-ordered on iTunes, available May 12th. If you'd like a preview, the track "Escape" is available to download or listen to on SoundCloud.April 5, 2015Back 2 The Max
- Tom Hardy is signed on for up to 3 more Mad Max Movies, if Fury Road does big enough box office - and looking at the trailers that seems almost a certainty at this point. Read the full interview with Tom at Esquire magazine, or the abridged version (just the Mad Max bits) at Badass Digest.April 1, 2015I am the one who runs from both the living and the dead
- The new Official Mad Max Fury Road trailer has dropped, view it on Warner Bros Pictures YouTube channel here.
Thanks to everyone who has helped contribute information for this page, either new information, or just helping me out with errors and typos. Most of the substantial contributors names can be found in the sections for which they helped me out. If I've listed you're name incorrectly please let me know, and if you want me to link your email address in there for people to contact you please just tell me. Thanks also to help from Schools Melbourne and Follow Your Dreams.
Please send any comments or questions about the Mad Max FAQ via the contact form.
I can also be reached by physical mail:
PO Box 364
Bulleen, VIC 3105
Please note that I try to respond to all email, but sometimes I am a little slow (please be patient!), and sometimes the return address people send is bad and I cannot get a reply to you (if you get no reply, please double check your mail setup).
This web document (including all sub-pages) is ©1995-2015 Peter Barton. The FAQ may not be redistributed, or reproduced in part or in whole for profit without prior permission in writing from Peter Barton. Permission is granted for non-profit users to store or redistribute this document as they desire, providing the document remains intact, including the statement of copyright.